*** NOTE IF YOU HAVE AN IT DEPARTMENT OR IT SERVICE PLEASE CONTACT THEM BEFORE MAKING CHANGES ***
Millwork Development Support | 612-999-4072 | firstname.lastname@example.org
What causes this?
This error generally is caused by issues with file permissions which restrict the E-Catalog from saving necessary files to the computer. One common way these restrictions are set is by enabling ransomware protection via the Windows 10 built in security suite. When enabling ransomware protection this also enables Controlled file access which restricts access to common folders such as Documents, Pictures, Videos , etc. This can be fixed by either allowing the E-Catalog to access those folders or disabling ransomware protection. The steps in this guide will walk through allowing the E-Catalog to access the protected folders.
How to fix
- Using the windows search feature, Search and open "Windows Security" then select Virus & threat protection
- Select Manage settings under Virus & threat protection settings
- Scroll down and select Manage Controlled folder access under the Controlled folder access header
- If Controlled folder access is enabled click Allow an app through Controlled folder access. If Controlled folder access is not enabled this method will not work and its recommend to call or Email Millwork Development Support for assistance.
- Click Add an allowed app and select Recently blocked apps
- Select the Distributors E-Catalog you are wanting to allow access
- Start E-Catalog
If you are having trouble making these changes or these changes did not solve your problem Millwork Development Support will be happy to assist you in solving these issues. Millwork Development Support can be contacted at 612-999-4072 or emailed at email@example.com
Article is closed for comments.